Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) use varying protocols. Some of these protocols can be read, and or written by, Ardexa. However, we need the following information to make sure all parameters are known and collected to the cloud: 1. Machine brand and model. This allows us to understand the type of machine being monitored or controlled. 2. Preferred name for machine or controller: This allows us to name the data source correctly. 3. IP Address: The IP address must be a static address. IT MUST NOT be a dynamic address. Provide the static IP address of the PLC.
4. For each variable available from the PLC, provide the ALL the following information. If this information is available from a manufacturer’s guide, then just send the guide to Ardexa.
- 1.Data Block name. For Siemens S7 it should be something like "DB" or "FC7"
- 2.Memory location that the value exists
- 3.Name of the variable (e.g: Grid Voltage)
- 4.Units of the variable (e.g: Volts)
- 5.Scale of the variable (e.g: must be divided by 100 to get Volts)
- 6.Read only or Read/Write. Whether the variable is Read Only (RO) or Read/Write (RW)