Using search analysis
[SEARCHES] > [ANALYSIS], the Ardexa Web App provides you a visualisation tool to plot your statistical results generated from your searches.
The following will step you through the process of building an analysis plot.
Note: Analysis can only be built against numerical data type fields.
[ANALYSIS]tab and enable analysis via
Enablecheckbox. This allows you to begin building your analysis plot.
We have to generate some search results for our analysis, so we run a search to get some results. All the search input parameters will be used to generate the data that the Analysis plot will be built from.
When you first run a search via the
[TABLE]tab may be selected and the search results will be presented to you in the table format; switch over to the
[Output]to expand the Analysis output parameters if they are hidden. This is where you will define what the Analysis chart will draw and how it will be display.
- Select a numerical field type from the drop-down list.
- If you don't see an expected field it will likely mean the field has not be defined correctly in your Ardexa device's metadata.
- This checkbox allows you to limit an analysis to be applied per device where a data set is built from more than one source.
- Typically all data is captured against date and time.
hour- the finer the granularity of data being used in the evaluation will affect app responsiveness.
- Select the statistical formula you would like to apply over your search results.
- Out of the box, the VIZ will automatically chart your data and provide you a
y-axisthat best suits your data for the graph. However, you may want to chart based on fixed periods, for example in units of 10s, in which case you would select a Minimum of
0and a Maximum of
- An instant on/off toggle provides you the means of condensing or expanding the graphed period of your search results. For example, say you see an interesting pattern in a period of you graphed search data, using the toggle you can can zoom-in and just focus on that period.
button to generate your statistical plot.
Example plot showing maximum value per day for the defined search period